A couple people have asked me for this super yummy recipe, so here it is:
Yield: 1 standard size loaf
2 c flour (or 1 c flour and 1 c soy protein powder)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
.5 c sugar
1 c semisweet chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate and more than a cup)
15 oz pumpkin
2 lg eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbl unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 (325 for glass pan)
2. Mix dry ingredients in bowl
3. Add wet ingredients except chocolate chips (she has you do this in 2 separate bowl and then add the mixed wet ingredients to the dry, but I don’t like to use 2 bowls.)
4. Mix in chocolate chips. (I add a tsp of cinnamon and a tsp of allspice)
5. Transfer to a greased loaf pan. Pat with a knife so that the batter is gently mounded in the center.
6. Bake 45 minutes for pudding-like consistency or 1 hour for drier bread.
7. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then rap the bread sharply to remove the bread. Cool it on a rack for at least another 20 minutes before slicing.