Meet Our Family: Anders (11), Melynda, Finn (9), & Henry
What happens when a professional writer and naturalist marries a documentary-style filmmaker? They pursue their passions of playing outdoors and traveling while documenting it as they go.
After leading an outdoor adventure life raising two energetic and intuitive boys in Yellowstone’s backyard (Livingston, Montana), we sold our house in Montana and most of our stuff and set out for a year of full-time family travel.
When that year ended, we kept going — splitting our time between traveling the world and exploring our own backyard in Montana.
Just because we are traveling and don’t have a permanent home, doesn’t mean we are on vacation. Our writing, photography, and filmmaking jobs inspired our travels — and our travels inspired our work. You’ll find a video library of travel experiences on our popular YouTube Channel where families go for family travel and outdoor adventure ideas.
In addition to our freelance work, we put extra care and intention into our jobs as parents and teachers while “Worldschooling.” We immerse ourselves in month-long forays into the culture and customs of:
We are a regular family trying to live an extraordinary life. That’s a big task, but we are up to the challenge. Our family loves getting outside, traveling, and having adventures. And we love sharing them with you to inspire and help plan your own adventures.
We are constantly trying to figure out how to have both a home and community in Livingston, Montana and a life of travel.
We love to travel and plan on continuing our travel lifestyle, but home is where the heart is and our hearts are in Montana and the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. I write extensively about:
Written & Visual Stories from the Writer
- Mel on Instagram — @TravelingMelMT
- Read my travel and adventure posts on this blog.
- Want to go to Yellowstone? I write all about that on my other site: YellowstoneTrips.com
- Facebook @TravelingMel
Film from the Photographer & Filmmaker
- Henry on Instagram – @TravelingFilmmaker
- YouTube Travel Videos
- Click on over to our Work With Us page, if you are interested in working with us or seeing what companies have worked with us in the past.
- Our media kit is available upon request. If you have questions about travel or anything else mentioned here, contact me with the form below or at melyndaharrison at gmail dot com.